The AF Group Limited(AF) and all its wholly owned subsidiary companies (collectively known as “The AF Group”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy sets out the basis on which AF (“We” or “Us”) collects personal data from you and the way in which it will be processed by us. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the relevant data protection legislation, the “controller” (or “data controller”) is The AF Group Limited of Honingham Thorpe, Colton, Norwich, Norfolk, NR9 5BZ. Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com: Why we collect your information
We collect different types of information about you for the following reasons:
1. To take specific steps necessary to process your application for membership.
2. To provide quotations for goods / services through the AF Group.
3. To place orders for goods / services through the AF Group.
4. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
5. For our legitimate interests, in order to manage and / or administer your account, unless any of those legitimate interests are overridden by any of your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
6. For our legitimate interests, in order to communicate with you about the goods and services available through the AF Group, unless any of those legitimate interests are overridden by any of your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.2: When we collect your information
We collect information from you when:
1. You enquire about membership.
2. You complete a membership application form.
3. You provide the information requested on a requirement or enquiry form.
4. You complete the annual declaration form.
5. We request information from you in order to process a quotation or order.
6. We speak to you over the phone in the process of managing your account.
7. We communicate with you via email in the process of managing your account.
8. You write to us to confirm changes to the account.
9. You complete a lead sheet at a show or event.3: The types of personal data we collect
In order to become a shareholding member of AF, the minimum information we require is your full business trading title, a contact name, address, telephone number, email address and your bank account details. During the course of your membership, we may collect additional information about you if it has been provided using the above methods.
During the membership application process, we may ask for trade references to ensure that you are able to meet your liabilities to the AF Group.
To ensure we comply with our legal obligations, we may also collect personal data for our health and safety records and to enable us to perform any due diligence necessary to enter into a contract. For example, we may ask you to provide the following documentation;
- Machine operator certificates.
- Certificates of competency / attendance.
- Qualification certificates.
We reserve the right to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal requirements, enforce our membership rules and regulations, or any other agreement we enter into with you, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business and other members. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
All calls to and from the AF office landline phone numbers are recorded, with the exception of calls where payment is taken, when the recording is manually terminated.4: How we use the data collected
In order to meet our obligations to you under a contract, we may use your data in the following ways:
- To process your application for membership.
- To provide a quotation for goods / services.
- To provide you with goods / services, which includes managing the collection and delivery of goods, and managing any contracting services provided by us or on our behalf.
- To manage your account and to keep accurate records of goods and services provided.
- To contact you regarding your account, for example, to liaise with you to arrange collection or delivery of goods, or to provide services as requested.
- To invoice you for the goods / services provided.
- To take payment for goods / services provided.
For our legitimate interests, we may also use your data to;
- Contact you about the goods / services available through the group. As a shareholding member of AF we feel it is important that you are able to make the most of your membership. Contacting you about current market conditions, new products or services, or offers available to you enables us to do this. You are able to choose the types of information you receive using the preferences link in the email. You are also able to unsubscribe from these emails at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- Manage / administer your account.
We also record all calls made to and from the AF office landline numbers. Access to a recorded call will only be given when the request has been approved by at least two senior managers and when there is a valid reason for needing to access the call recording. We process this data for our legitimate interests for;
- Complaints and disputes – In the event of a complaint or dispute, a call recording (if available), may provide additional information to help us quickly investigate and resolve a complaint or dispute.
- Employee safety and wellbeing - A recording may become a vital piece of evidence in the event of any threats being made to the organisation or an individual.
If we need to process your personal data for a reason which is not outlined above, we shall contact you in order to obtain your prior consent for such use.