At AF we care deeply about people - our staff, our members and our suppliers. By focusing on people, we build relationships which connect and benefit the whole AF community. Our values - Service, Excellence, Responsibility, Value – is integral to our growth strategy and every member of staff plays an important role in making it happen.
We are the UK’s largest agricultural buying group with a turnover of just under £300m. We source all essential inputs and products for farm businesses across the UK such as crop production, fuel, energy management, machinery, livestock & feed and other necessities.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone with strong leadership skills to manage and lead the AF fuel & machinery business unit. This position is well suited to someone who has knowledge of this product area and related markets, including specifically the fuel market pricing structure.
Reporting to the Procurement & Commercial Director you will lead the preparation and delivery of the annual business plans for fuel & machinery including budgets, in conjunction with the relevant Business Manager. You will be competent in writing reports and be able to demonstrate data analysis and presentation skills.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Drive Customer Relationship Management
- Review, monitor and update forecast against plan
- Manage responsibility for direct reports
- Actively identify new potential suppliers to market
- Ensure the product area processes and procedures are implemented and all business activity is accurately recorded and reported
- Be the subject matter expert of your business unit & take steps to ensure knowledge base of the product areas is maintained
- Responsibility for driving cross-selling activities across all business units in conjunction with other Heads of Department
- Identify appropriate times to make purchases and communicate this information
- Effectively communicate and implement various procurement strategies deemed suitable for your product area
- Have an awareness of the external environment
Leadership is essential to this role and we would ideally like you to have at least 5 year’s experience within the fuel industry. Knowledge of procuring fuel within the agricultural industry is desirable.
Working collaboratively is a big part of this role. You will work with and be responsible for Business Managers and Buyers/Team Leaders, as well as work strategically with our suppliers to deliver objectives. As a senior member of the team you will manage your team effectively and ensure member expectations are managed effectively.
Success in this role is bringing all elements together to drive change, ensuring that we build the best approach; now and for the future.
As well as a competitive package, we offer a fantastic open plan office in a rural environment, AF membership discount, discretionary bonus, group personal pension scheme, life assurance plan, onsite subsidised café and free parking.To apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org