Overview of role
Develop the General Supplies business area by identifying new markets and additional areas of growth via day-to-day team management.
- Manage the General Supplies team to proactively develop sales opportunities across AF, Affinity and the Supplier base and achieve the targets outlined in the annual business plan
- Support Buyers to develop long-term relationships with suppliers through direct and on-line supply and attend supplier meetings.
- Play an active role in negotiating terms with large key suppliers offering a potential substantial spend and leverage direct cross selling opportunities.
- Lead the AF cross selling project by working with Business Unit Managers to develop sales and leverage reciprocal trade opportunities across the AF trading desks through Affinity
- As necessary take and process orders for members to help support team.
- Directly contribute to the Business Plan for General Supplies department.
- Provide monthly Board Report.
- Contribute articles to monthly newsletter including sourcing advertisers.
- Encourage suppliers to purchase advertising which helps promote their business to members.
- With team members, continuously review the market for new suppliers in existing and new product areas.
- Work with AF Affinity to promote the services of product areas to maximise profit.
- Attend meetings as required by role.
- Manage rebates from Suppliers
Qualifications & Experience
- CIPS/NVQ or equivalent essential
- At least 3 years in a procurement management role or similar
- Management experience and/or qualifications essential
- Demonstrable negotiating skills
- Able to demonstrate a history of successful deal making
- Clear understanding of market(s) in which will be operating
- Commercial approach and business acumen.
- Strategic thinker with wider-picture thinking
- Good planner and methodical
- Able to motivate team and keep them focussed and cohesive.
If this sounds like the role for you, please submit your CV and a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, and including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than close of business – Friday 27th September.